We are looking to appoint an Assistant Lawyer to join the Legal team based at our headquarters in Winsford. This role will report to the Head of Legal and will operate group-wide, providing legal advice on a wide variety of topics as well as preparing and negotiating commercial contracts and associated legal documentation.
Key Results Area:
• Prepare and negotiate supply and distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, other commercial agreements and associated legal documentation.
• Advise Commercial and Quality/Regulatory Affairs teams with regard to preparation of documentation and legal requirements.
• Assist with preparation and continuous improvement of Group template legal documentation.
• Assist Quality/Regulatory Affairs team with completion of global Regulatory activities for customers.
• Prepare and deliver updates for Commercial teams on contractual obligations.
• Design and implement new processes and internal governance policies as required by law or for better practice, and monitor compliance.
• Proactively continue professional development to maintain knowledge base and monitor legal developments, provide updates and notifications of relevant information to colleagues.
• Assist with overview of the Group Intellectual Property portfolio – liaising with R&D team and external Patent/Trademark Attorneys.
The ideal candidate will have:
• The ideal candidate must be an NQ or PQE lawyer, preferably with previous in-house experience. A good knowledge of commercial contract law is essential and knowledge of other key areas considered an advantage: International Commercial Law, Intellectual Property Law, Medical Device Regulatory Law. You will be expected to possess excellent oral and written communication skills.