An exciting opportunity has arisen in the R&D department of our dynamic and fast-growing business in Nürnberg. This is a fast paced and friendly environment that will suit an organized person with a great eye for detail and plenty of team spirit.
Reporting to the R&D Manager Surgical Products, you will be adept at managing and overseeing multiple projects. You will have extensive experience in product development and project management methodologies, and a familiarity with the medical devices industry, ideally in the area of advanced wound closure.
The Project Leader, working closely with the marketing department, will have the responsibility of developing and delivering new products to the market place, specifically for the AMS Advanced Wound Closure and Internal Glues & Fixation product lines. This is one of the core technical capabilities of AMS, where devices are manufactured in Plymouth. This gives the opportunity for travel within the EU to visit AMS manufacturing sites, and outside EU to potential suppliers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop products against business needs. The role will focus on the Advanced Wound Closure and Internal Glues & Fixation portion of the business
- Managing project team members
- Performing quality assurance and risk management
- Form strong relationships and co-ordinate activities with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors and test houses.
- Project budget and scheduling estimation and management
- Engage all stakeholders
- Conducting status review meetings with team members, stakeholders and clients
- Providing reports and documentation on project stage and progress
You will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Material Science
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in a regulated industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills, ideally in the medical devices industry
- Experience of advanced wound closure and Internal Glues & Fixation device development and/ or sourcing
- Experience working with design control processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills essential, German language skills an advantage
- Knowledge of regulated industry standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements, pension scheme, share options and opportunities for training and development.