We are a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative and technologically advanced products for the global advanced wound care, surgical and wound closure markets, focused on value for our customers and quality outcomes for patients. We develop and manufacture a wide range of products and materials that include sutures, haemostats, tissue adhesives, silver aliginates, aliginates, and foams. These devices are marketed under our own brands “RESORBA”, “ActiveHeal” and “Liquiband”, as well as supplied to customers under their own brand labels.
Our manufacturing sites are located in the U.K., Netherlands, Germany and the Czech Republic. We sell our products in 70 countries via a network of multinational or regional partners and distributors, as well as via our own direct sales forces in the UK, Germany, Czech Republic and Russia.
AMS is a growing company that has delivered double digit growth over the last 5 years. A major portion of this growth has been through introduction of new devices to the product range.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the R&D department of our dynamic and fast-growing business in Nürnberg. This is a fast paced and friendly environment that will suit an organized person with a great eye for detail and plenty of team spirit.
Reporting to the R&D Manager Surgical Products, you will be responsible for delivery of projects on time, to specification and to budget.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Project Leaders and Project Scientists to deliver product development pipeline through to launch, against the business needs of the Biosurgical & Haemostats and the Traditional Closure portions of the business
- Liaising with the Innovation Manager and provide Project Scientist resource for innovation projects (Stage 0 to Gate 3)
- Designing and developing products, against business needs and personal objectives, to a defined time and budget
- Ensure all Development Projects follow the company Stage Gate process and company procedures for Risk Management and Design Controls
- Managing a cross-functioning team ensuring project activities are achieved on time
- Generating monthly reports on project and budget updates
- Analysing, mitigating and monitoring project risks
- Applying comprehensive and appropriately skilled knowledge to the design, development and manufacture of medical devices
- Forming strong relationships and coordinating activities with internal and external customers, including external business partners/ suppliers and test houses
- Generating protocols, analysing data, generating reports and making recommendations with respect of product design, verification, and validation
- Providing innovation and creativity to the design of new medical devices
You will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the medical device industry
- Experience of managing direct reports is preferred
- Experience of developing medical devices and launching into the market is preferred
- Experience of project management
- Demonstrable understanding of design control as regulated by ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820.30
- Good communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong skills at communicating, collaborating and managing teams including manufacturing, engineering and suppliers being part of those teams
- Experience in presenting to senior members of staff, as well as writing reports intended for examination by auditors or senior management
- Time management skills
- Adaptable and flexible to enable problem solving and adjusting to business requirements
- Teamwork skills and patience
- Attention to detail
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements, pension scheme, share options and opportunities for training and development.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.