We are a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative and technologically advanced products for the global advanced wound care, surgical and wound closure markets, focused on value for our customers and quality outcomes for patients. We develop and manufacture a wide range of products and materials that include sutures, haemostats, tissue adhesives, silver aliginates, aliginates, and foams. These devices are marketed under our own brands “RESORBA”, “ActiveHeal” and “Liquiband”, as well as supplied to customers under their own brand labels.
Our manufacturing sites are located in the U.K., Netherlands, Germany and the Czech Republic. We sell our products in 70 countries via a network of multinational or regional partners and distributors, as well as via our own direct sales forces in the UK, Germany, Czech Republic and Russia
AMS is a growing company that has delivered double digit growth over the last 5 years. A major portion of this growth has been through introduction of new devices to the product
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the R&D department of our dynamic and fast-growing business in Nürnberg. This is a fast paced and friendly environment that will suit an organized person with a great eye for detail and plenty of team spirit.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be adept at managing and overseeing multiple projects. You will have extensive experience in product development and project management methodologies, and a familiarity with the medical devices industry, ideally in the area of sutures.
The Project Leader, working closely with the marketing department, will have the responsibility of developing and delivering new products to the market place, specifically for the RESORBA branded suture product line. This is one of the core technical capabilities of AMS, where devices are manufactured at multiple sites. This gives the opportunity for travel within the EU to visit AMS manufacturing sites, and outside EU to potential suppliers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop products against business needs. The role will focus on the ‘traditional closure’ (suture) portion of RESORBA, with potential to also be involved with the ‘biosurgical’ (collagen implant) side of the business as well.
- Managing project team members
- Performing quality assurance and risk management
- Form strong relationships and co-ordinate activities with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors and test houses.
- Project budget and scheduling estimation and management
- Engage all stakeholders
- Conducting status review meetings with team members, stakeholders and clients
- Providing reports and documentation on project stage and progress
You will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Material Science
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in a regulated industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills, ideally in the medical devices industry
- Experience in suture development and / or sourcing
- Experience working with design control processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills essential, German language skills an advantage
- Knowledge of regulated industry standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements, pension scheme, share options and opportunities for training and development.