Due to business growth, an opportunity has arisen for a full time UK Health, Safety & Environmental manager. This will involve inspecting and evaluating the environment, equipment and processes in working areas across the AMS Group of companies in the UK to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. This role will report to the Group Engineering Manager and will be based at Winsford.
- Developing and maintaining safety & environmental policies and standards to meet current legislation to improve overall understanding and awareness
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice.
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies and procedures.
- Actively engaging with employees to instil a culture of compliance and improvement regarding all health safety and environmental issues
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Environmental Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the business has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Environmental, Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable the AMS Group Manufacturing sites and personnel in non-related offices, including those working away from offices and manufacturing are able to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Either a science or management-based Bachelors degree (2:2) or equivalent, or one of the following: NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Management. NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Health and safety experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Membership of a recognised Health and Safety Institute.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively orally and in writing to a wide and varied audience.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret and apply safety legislation and policy.
- Ability to analyse business needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to respond flexibly to change.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality