A position has arisen for a Laboratory Technician within the Technical Services Team based at Winsford. This role will provide support the delivery of projects by carrying out product and material testing required in the design and implementation of continuous improvement projects across a range of medical devices. This role will report to the Head of Technical Services.
Key Accountabilities :
- The testing of all materials/products according to the appropriate procedures and quality systems.
- To accurately record data and file information in accordance with AMS Good Laboratory Practices and procedures.
- Compliance with approved test methods and accuracy of test results with minimal analyst error. To support in the development and validation of new test methods (when required).
- To manipulate data to support project decisions based on statistical rationales.
- To perform characterisation of potential new raw materials against current.
- To attend meetings and present findings.
- To ensure a good level of communication between departments is maintained (Tech Team, QC, R&D and Production).
- To assess workload and prioritise in conjunction with Project Leaders.
- Stringency in following Quality System requirements, GLP and safety rules.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to a good standard, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate relevant testing instruments.
- Ability to statistically analyse test results and present a report.
- Experience of working in a GLP laboratory.
- Knowledge of woundcare products and some medical device technologies an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO9001 and Medical Device Directive an advantage but not essential.