An opportunity has arisen within the Information Systems Team for an Oracle Support Analyst at Winsford. You will provide first line support and training to users of Oracle e-Business Suite and related applications within the AMS Group of companies. The role will report to the Oracle Project Manager.
- To participate in any required implementation project activities for the Oracle e-Business Suite rollout across the AMS group
- To assist in maintaining, managing and continuously improving the Oracle e-Business Suite environment including Oracle Linux servers and Oracle databases
- To assist in developing information solutions and training materials, including development of analytical reports in relation to Oracle e-Business Suite and related applications
- Provide technical support and training to the IS function and end users
- Visits to all company sites to provide on-site assistance and training to end users and to provide proactive support
- Ensure the smooth running of related systems within the department and respond to technical problems in a timely manner
- To assure an appropriate level of security for all servers and the information stored on them
- Proactively seek out any areas for improvement and make recommendations
- To recommend, test and perform the installation of upgrades and patches to supported applications and operating systems
- To test and update relevant sections of the disaster recovery plan for the IS Dept
- To prepare and maintain appropriate documentation of tasks associated with the operation of the IS Dept.
- Assist in evaluating and managing the deployment of new systems and system updates, working with various functions to ensure minimum disruption to the business
- To update any relevant documentation associated with system changes i.e. policies and procedures relating to use of Oracle software
- Assist with required project team activities, including validation, documentation, end user training and user acceptance testing during the rollout of additional Oracle software in the future
The ideal candidate will have:
- An education level to A level standard, HND or equivalent, preferably in a Computing, Science or Business discipline
- Experience of Oracle e-Business Suite, ideally release 12+
- IS certifications e.g. Oracle / Linux / Networking / Microsoft are desirable
- Experience of working as part of an IT team, having accumulated a wide and varied range of IT knowledge and skills, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Experience of working with an ITIL environment management is desirable
- Good understanding of all business functions and how they interlink.
- Good level of technical expertise, ideally:
- Linux platform administration
- Databases – Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server & Access.
- Reporting tools – Oracle Reports, Oracle BI Publisher, Crystal Reports
- Languages – Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work well with people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to travel to other company sites (UK and Europe)