A replacement position has arisen for an R&D Senior Laboratory Technician within the Winsford R&D Team. This role will provide support within both of the R&D Scientific Services Laboratories by performing a range of physical and microbiological tests required for the research and development of innovative new medical devices. This role will report to the R&D Scientific Services Leader, OEM.
Key Accountabilities :
- To support the R&D Technologists by performing timely and effective testing of all materials and products in accordance with approved test methods.
- To support the R&D Microbiology team by performing a range of current microbiology tests i.e. log reduction, cZOI, antibiofilm evaluation, bacterial and viral barrier testing.
- Management of the Laboratory Technician within the Materials Laboratory by ensuring testing is prioritised and performed within a timely manner in line with business needs.
- Ensure the R&D Materials Laboratory is maintained in a compliant state by ensuring that materials, chemicals and equipment required for R&D testing are always in stock and calibrated/validated, and all procedures, COSHH, risk assessments are current.
- To assist in identifying, developing and validating new Test Methods within both Materials and Microbiology Laboratories.
- To accurately record data and file information e.g. raw data in accordance with AMS Good Laboratory Practices and R&D procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all current microbiology practices.
- Actively contribute to departmental meetings and forums and contribute to the systematic improvement of the department in a positive, pragmatic, and enthusiastic manner.
- Maintain communication with Scientific Services Leader on status of testing.
- Adopt high standards of GLP and Health & Safety in laboratories.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An education level of GCSE of equivalent
- Experience / knowledge of physical tests within Medical Devices industry
- Microbiology Laboratory experience desirable
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to operate relevant testing instruments
- Ability to analyse test results and present a report
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good communication skills with the ability to work across departments collaboratively and effectively
- Good knowledge of H&S, quality and regulatory compliance requirements